The Islanders are based
on two objectives:
* First, the development of the child as a person in an environment
which emphasizes the fun involved with being a competitive swimmer.
- We provide an opportunity for children to excel at the sport of
competitive swimming and to learn good sportsmanship.
- We maintain a superior quality program that accommodates all
levels of proficiency from novice to national competitor.
* Second, the development of the athlete to his/her fullest
potential as a swimmer, to be the "best that he/she can be".
- We focus on the long-term goals of successful swimming.
- We strive to be one of the strongest teams in California with
each member being a valuable contributor in his or her own unique
- We encourage positive mental attitudes and mutual respect.
Throughout, the Islanders create and maintain an enjoyable and
productive swimming environment
Alameda Island Aquatics, a non profit organization, is run by an
elected Board of Directors that meets each month. All members are
welcome at each meeting and encouraged to be involved in team
activities and fundraisers.